Monday, October 26, 2009

The Team Buck

The deer hunt this year turned out to be awesome. The opener, like always, was ridiculous with the mountain covered with with hunters. But the next week we went out with the idea that we were going to get one. We left Wednesday night, and hunted hard Thursday and Friday. We saw a lot of deer, and a lot of small bucks. Then Saturday may dad spotted the monster buck. My cousin Neil and I got into position to move in on the buck. I kicked him out of the trees as I missed a shot as he was running away from me, but the deer didn't know he was running right into Neil. That's when Neil took him with two shots with his 270 short mag. He has 7 points on one side and 9 on the other with a 29 inch spread. He really is a buck of a life time.




1 comment:

ash said...

kyle is so jealous! and i am grossed out by the blood...gross.

background